Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What I Learned from My Video Project

The Manhasset players and coaching staff were extremely accessible and helped me every step of the way. I was frustrated at first because I was unable to contact coach Cherry. Once I met him and introduced myself at the Woodstick Classic, he turned out to be a great person and immediately invited me to practice and vowed to help me in any way he could.

I did not expect to talk to assistant coach Bob Rule but I knew he was a longtime JV coach so I asked about the Manhasset senior class and he gave me a great thirty second plus sound bite. The players were also fantastic and I could tell that the frustration of losing to Cold Spring Harbor was getting to them and even though they have the most talent the players expressed a refreshing sense of humility. They know they are good but are quite humble. I wish the seniors the best of luck in their future endeavors.

Editing the video was the most problematic but after dragging clips and becoming familiar with MovieMaker, it became easier.
I'm excited to use the tools I learned in this project to better myself and to become a successful professional journalist in the near future.

No comments: